(Photo credit: twitter.com/SheaMallen27
“WAAY-TV reporter Shea Allen posted a controversial “confessions” blog last week, caught some heat for it, and ultimately decided to leave it up in honor of the right to free expression.
The investigative reporter for Huntsville, Alabama’s ABC affiliate wrote a blog post last week, originally entitled “Confessions of a Red Headed Reporter,” containing 10 confessional bullet-points on her looks, her TV career, and her beliefs.
Full list below:
1. I’ve gone bra-less during a live broadcast and no one was the wiser.
2. My best sources are the ones who secretly have a crush on me.
3. I am better live when I have no script and no idea what I’m talking about.
4. I’ve mastered the ability to contort my body into a position that makes me appear much skinner [sic] in front of the camera than I actually am.
5. I hate the right side of my face.
6. I’m frightened of old people and I refuse to do stories involving them or the places they reside.
7. Happy, fluffy, rainbow stories about good things make me depressed.
8. I’ve taken naps in the news car.
9. If you ramble and I deem you unnecessary for my story, I’ll stop recording but let you think otherwise.
10. I’ve stolen mail and then put it back. (maybe) (…)
UPDATE: Allen updates me, via Twitter, that she was “terminated without cause” for her confessional post. Unsure why exactly her post warranted unemployment, but we will wait to see if WAAY-TV has any comment.
UPDATE II: WAAY-TV responded with a swift, stern “no comment” on matters relating to employees.””